May 28 Meeting Recap
BOS Approves Grant Funding for New School Resource Officers
The Board of Supervisors at its May 28 meeting gave its approval for the receipt of a grant, appropriation of expenditures, and a local match from General Fund Contingency for the continuation of one School Resource Officer and three (3) additional School Resource Officers.
On February 26, 2019, the Police Chief received the Board’s authorization to apply for Department of Criminal Justice Services School Resource Officer (SRO) grants. On May 14, 2019 the Police Chief received notice that all four FY2019-2020 grants were approved. Each grant is for a total of $70,000 of which $53,263 is grant funding and $16,737 is the required local match.
The grants include a continuation of one existing SRO at North Elementary and three (3) additional, new SROs at Walton, South and Beazley.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its worksession & meeting:
- Received a report on the regulation of Tannerite and Discharge of Firearms.
- Received a report on the proposed new sign Ordinance.
- Received a report on Police In-Car Cameras.
- Approved on consent and presented a commendation to Officer Joseph LaVigne for Correctional Officer of the Year.
- Approved on Consent the adoption of the Revised Emergency Operations Plan for the County of Prince George.
- Approved on Consent a request of the Rotary Club of Prince George for a waiver of certain permit fees associated with the application of a three-year annual special event permit.
- Approved on consent and presented a commendation to Case Manager Amanda S. Binford for Social Worker of the Year.
- Unanimously approved proposed revisions to the Prince George County Personnel Policy regarding Employee Grievance Procedures.
- Unanimously approved the recommendation of four appointments to the Crater Regional Workforce Development.
Unanimously approved July 5, 2019 as County Government Holiday.