The Board of Supervisors recognizes its responsibilities of providing core services to the citizens of Prince George in the areas of education, public safety and social services. The following strategic initiatives have been put forth as additional priorities to advance the vision and mission of the County.
- STRATEGIC INITIATIVE ONE: BOLSTER ECONOMIC WELL-BEING
- STRATEGIC INITIATIVE TWO: FUNDING THE FUTURE
- STRATEGIC INITIATIVE THREE: STRENGTHEN CIVIC PARTNERSHIPS
INITIATIVE ONE: BOLSTER ECONOMIC WELL-BEING
Capitalize on Prince George County’s mix of assets, location and heritage to increase, diversify and strengthen the economic well-being of county residents and businesses alike.
1. Plan for future business/industrial park development in Prince George County.
2. Expand wireless technology throughout the county.
3. Strengthen our partnerships focused on economic development and economic well-being.
INITIATIVE TWO: FUNDING THE FUTURE
To make the future happen in Prince George County will require a commitment to identifying and discussing revenue options and opportunities.
1. Develop a water and sewer service plan and implementation strategy.
2. Develop a performance agreement with the school system that accounts for the county’s investment in public education.
INITIATIVE THREE: STRENGTHEN CIVIC PARTNERSHIPS
To be successful, the Prince George County Board of Supervisors must have a positive and interactive relationship with County residents. We are committed to assisting county residents to gain a greater understanding of their County government.
1. Develop Public Service Announcements (PSA) for the media.