Catchin' Up On
Prince George County Government News
Prince George County, VA July 12, 2019
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Fri., July 12 - "Movie In The Park" (FREE) featuring Lego: Movie 2, presented by Prince George Parks and Recreation Department, to be held at Scott Memorial Park, 6380 Scott Memorial Park Road, Prince George. 8:30pm showtime.
Sat., July 13 - Prince George Farmers' Market at Scott Park Pavilion, 6380 Scott Memorial Park Road, Prince George, from 8:00am - 12:00pm.
Sat., July 13 - Harbor Blast Ladies Night w/ "4Play", at the Appomattox Boat Harbor, 1604 Fine Street, Prince George. Gates open at 4:00pm. Tickets $10 + FREE parking.
Mon., July 15 - Drug Court for Prince George County, the City of Hopewell, and Surry County, at the Prince George Circuit Court, 6601 Courts Drive, 4:00pm.
Mon., July 15 - Prince George County School Board Meeting (rescheduled from July 8th), in the Board Room, 3rd Floor of the County Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, beginning at 6:30pm.
Mon., July 15 - Prince George Majors Baseball team will play in the 41st Annual Hopewell Optimist Baseball Classic, sponsored by Hopewell Parks & Recreation, Mathis Field, Hopewell, VA , beginning at 7:15pm.
Tues., July 16 - Summer Lacrosse Camp for Prince George County boys & girls, 5th-11th graders, at Temple Park, 14307 Prince George Drive, Disputanta. Camp is every Tuesday from 6:00pm - 8:00pm, thru August 13th. Must have pre-registered.
Tues., July 16 - Prince George Fire/EMS Advisory Work Session will be held at the CWC Training Room, 11023 Prince George Drive, Disputanta, at 7:00pm.
Wed., July 17 - Prince George Ruritan Club Ground Breaking for a new club facility on Ruffin Road, Prince George, at 2:00pm.
Thurs., July 18 - "Professional Development and Business Building Conversations" at the Hopewell/Prince George Chamber office, 4100 Oaklawn Boulevard, Hopewell, 8:00am - 9:00am.
Thurs., July 18 - John Randolph Foundation Grants & Awards Ceremony at the John Randolph Foundation offices, 112 N. Main Street, Hopewell, 8:30am - 10:30am.
Thurs., July 18 - LEPC (Local Emergency Planning Committee) Meeting at the CWC Training Room, 11023 Prince George Drive, Disputanta, from 4:00pm - 5:00pm.
Thurs., July 18 - James River Soil & Water Conservation District Board of Directors Meeting will be held at the Chesterfield Coop Ext. Office, Central Library, 9501 Lori Road, Chesterfield, at 6:00pm.
Fri., July 19 - Crater Youth Care Commission Meeting at the Green House Facility, 6102 County Drive, Disputanta, beginning at 9:30am.
Fri., July 19 - Petersburg Area Regional Tourism (PART) Board Meeting at the Crater PDC Conference Room, 1964 Wakefield Avenue, Petersburg, beginning at 11:00am.
Coach Pitch All-Stars Headed To Dixie League World Series
The Prince George County Coach Pitch All-Stars captured the State Championship Thursday night and earned a berth in the Dixie League World Series beginning July 27.
Important Things to Know
• Virginia Tech to students: Stay away from these eight fraternities. Details.
• Service Center Metals manufacturing business sold to owner of The Jefferson Hotel. Details.
• Dixie Youth State Tournament and Hopewell Optimist Club Brackets. Details.
• Blighted strip shopping center gets 30-day reprieve in Hopewell. Details.
• Public Feedback Invited On Interstate 95 Corridor Improvement Study. Details.
• Southeast Rural Community Assistance Project (SERCAP) Funding in Prince George County. Details.
• Recap of July 9 BOS Meeting. Details.
• Weldon Cooper Center releases population projections for Prince George County. Details
• Several eye drops and ointment sold at Walgreens and Walmart recalled. Details.
• The Herb Basket: July e-Newsletter. Details.
• Commissioner of the Revenue issues 14 new business licenses since July 21. Details.
• WWE is coming to Virginia State University. Details.
• Water Use Restrictions Temporarily Lifted for Beechwood Manor, Jordan on the James, and Eagle Preserve. Details.
• Prince George County unemployment rises to 3.4 percent in May.
• Virginia regains its position as the number one state in the nation to do business.
• County Administrator Blogs. Details.
• Regional employment opportunities. Details.
• What's showing at the movies in Prince George County? Details.
• Latest Prince George County Gasoline Prices. Details.
• How to report pesky potholes. Details.
Quote of the Week
"Music is like painting in sound. You take it into your inner heart and never lose it. It's eternally mysterious."
~ Van Cliburn, pianist