The Board of Supervisors at its June 11 meeting voted unanimously to send back to the Planning Commission a request to allow a Food Truck to take up business at 5380 Oaklawn Boulevard. The applicant is requesting to park a food truck or trailer on the premises in further support of their new restaurant use located inside of the hotel building know as Proud Mama’s Kitchen.
The Planning Commission previously heard this matter on May 23 and recommended approval to the Board of Supervisors by a 6-0 vote. The Board would like the Planning Commission to give this matter further review.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its meeting:
• Approved on consent and presented a commendation to Social Services Case Manager Theaster Smith for her service to Prince George County.
• Approved on consent and presented a commendation to Standard Motor Products for their Thirty Year Anniversary in Prince George County.
• Unanimously approved an Agreement with VDOT to re-establish outfall ditches on Marl Bank Drive and authorized funding from the Stormwater Utility Fund.
• Unanimously approved a budget amendment and appropriation in the amount of $540,000 for Riverside Regional Jail.
• Unanimously approved an appropriation of funds for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
• Unanimously approved an appropriation of $21,379.95 in insurance recoveries for Beechwood Manor water reservoir damage.
• Unanimously approved a budget amendment and appropriation to the Public School Division in the amount of $436,169 for FY19 School Impact Aid and $297,761 for State revenues.
• Unanimously authorized the advertisement of a public hearing for proposed amendments to Chapter 82 of the County Ordinance to modify requirements related to Utility connections.
• Unanimously reappointed Ms. Shel Douglas to the District 19 Community Services Board.
• Unanimously reappointed Mr. Frank Pino and Ms. Elaine Abernethy to the Recreation Advisory Commission.
• Unanimously reappointed Mr. William Thomas, Sr. to the Appomattox Regional Library Board.
• Unanimously approved a revision to the FY2019-2020 Position Control Chart in the Police Department establishing a Major’s Position.
• Unanimously approved a lease for a portion of the Central Wellness Center to the Hopewell/Prince George Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 17.
• Unanimously approved a special exception request of Petersburg Cellular Partnership (d/b/a Verizon Wireless) to construct a 199-foot monopole communication tower.