The Board of Supervisors at its May 14 meeting gave its approval to the FY ’20 Budget.
The total Budget approved was $123,068,958. It includes no increases in property taxes water fees, or wastewater fees. It does include a salary adjustment for County employees.
The Budget also includes General Fund expenditures of $57,761,488. That includes a contribution to the Public School Division of $16,994,065, a contribution to Riverside Regional Jail of $676,886, and a contribution to the Comprehensive Services Act of $690,000.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its worksession & meeting:
• Approved on the Consensus Agenda and presented a commendation to the Burrowsville Volunteer Fire Department for its 50 Years Celebration.
• Approved on the Consensus Agenda a proclamation for National Emergency Medical Services Week.
• Received a VDOT maintenance report.
• Received a Toddler Fair Update from Social Services Director Shel Douglas.
• Tabled the Employee Grievance Procedures Revision to May 28.
• Unanimously approved a resolution to submit to VDOT requesting the naming of the Roundabout at Route 634 and Route 106 for PFC Michael Marvin Carey (Marine).
• Unanimously approved a resolution authorizing the advertisement of a public hearing for a lease of a portion of the Central Wellness Center to the Hopewell/Prince George Fraternal Order of Police Lodge.
• Unanimously approved award of contracts for sewer investigative services.
• Unanimously approved acceptance of the dedication of a utility easement at the Country Club of Petersburg.
• Unanimously authorized the County to enter into a retainer agreement with the law firm of Kaufman and Canoles to file suit to recover County costs of responding to opiod addiction.
• Discussed and approved dates for Route 10 Fire Station Dedication (June 9), Courthouse Basement Dedication (June 21), and Board Retreat (July 23).
• Unanimously appointed Mr. Ken Robinson to the District 19 Community Services Board.
• Tabled four appointments to the Crater Regional Workforce to May 28.
• Held a public hearing and unanimously approved an Ordinance Amendment relating to the duties of the County Administrator.
• Held a public hearing and unanimously approved the Virginia Department of Transportation Six-Year Plan for Prince George County Plan for Secondary Roads Improvement for FY ’20.
• Held a public hearing and unanimously approved an Ordinance Amendment requiring the payment of delinquent taxes prior to issuance of business licenses.
• Held a public hearing and unanimously approved an Ordinance Amendment relating to the powers and duties of the Board of Zoning Appeals.