Pair expected to appear in Henrico courtroom in May

PRINCE GEORGE – The man and woman who Prince George Police say were behind the September 2018 robbery of the now-closed Comcast service center remain behind bars in Henrico as they face prosecution in connection with an unrelated case in that community.

According to court records, 33-year-old Lynette Morse of Prince George and 36-year-old Ricky Taylor of Hopewell remain under arrest and incarcerated in Henrico County Jail, which is where they were earlier this year when Prince George County Police announced their months-long investigation into last year’s robbery of the service center determined the pair were responsible for that armed robbery along East Whitehill Road near the Prince George-Petersburg line.

Just before 2:30 p.m. that Saturday afternoon in September, police said two masked suspects approached two Comcast staffers at the center as they closed the building for the day and used a gun to force them back inside.

The offenders ordered the employees to open the safe. Both employees complied with demands and turned over the money in the safe.

The employees were not hurt during the robbery. The suspects made off with an undisclosed amount of money.

Seven months later, local authorities were able to formally charge the pair in connection with the September robbery, with both facing two counts of armed robbery, four counts of using a firearm while committing a felony, two counts of abduction, three counts of conspiracy, along with a charge of wearing a mask.

Taylor faces an additional charge of possessing a firearm as a convicted felon.

Both suspects were behind bars in Henrico County at the time when they were named as suspects in the Comcast center robbery after being arrested on February 18, according to court records. Those records reveal Morse is facing charges of carrying a concealed weapon, conspiracy to abduct by force/intimidation and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.

As for Taylor, Henrico court records detail his charges in that jurisdiction as including abduction by force/intimidation, possession of a firearm by a nonviolent felon, unauthorized use for a vehicle, carrying a concealed weapon, falsely identifying himself to authorities and being a fugitive from justice.

An arraignment scheduled for both suspects and a bond hearing for Morse were all continued, with Taylor and Morse expected to return to Henrico General District Court on May 21 for a preliminary hearing on these charges.

While Prince George Police Chief Keith Early was not available for comment prior to publication, in April, he told The Prince George Journal the suspects would be held in Henrico pending adjudication of their offenses in their jurisdiction.

With their case continuing to move through Henrico County courts, there is no clear timetable for when both Morse and Taylor will face prosecution in Prince George County in connection with the September 2018 robbery.

The Comcast service center along East Whitehill Road has since closed and no longer operates out of the facility after being at the location for a number of years.

By: Michael Campbell | Twitter: @itsthesoup

Copyright 2019 by Womack Publishing