Upcoming Meetings & Events
Feb. 15 - April 30 - Statewide Burn Law in effect: No burning BEFORE 4:00PM (this includes campfires, brush fires, etc.). Please contact the Virginia Department of Forestry with any questions at 434-977-6555.
Fri., April 19 - Dedication of the "Reggie Jones Gymnasium" at the Prince George County Central Wellness Center, 11033 Prince George Drive, Disputanta, beginning at 6:00pm.
Sat., April 20 - Clean Community Day (shredding & recycling of tires, paint, household chemicals), at the Prince George Co. Police Parking Lot & Convenience Center (Union Branch Road), from 8:00am - 1:00pm.
Sat. April 20 - Burrowsville Book Store Book Sale (continues on the 3rd Saturday of each month) at the Burrowsville Community Center, 18701 James River Drive, from 10:00am - 12:00pm.
Sat., April 20 - Annual Easter Egg Hunt for Prince George County youth 2-10 yrs. w/own basket, sponsored by the P.G. Parks & Rec Dept., at Temple Recreation Park, 14307 Prince George Drive, Disputanta. Hunt starts promptly at 11:00am.
Sat., April 20 - "Swader's Easter Eggs-travaganza Celebration". $5 admission covers all event activities including special games, petting zoo, DJ, and egg hunt for children ages 5-10 yrs. Gates open at 10:00am.
Mon., April 22 - Prince George TRIAD will meet at the Prince George Public Library, 6605 Courts Drive, at 1:00pm.
Mon., April 22 - Drug Court for Prince George County, City of Hopewell, and Surry County, at the Prince George Circuit Court, 6601 Courts Drive, beginning at 4:00pm.
Tues., April 23 - Local Government Reception for Elected and Appointed Officials will be held in the Prince George County Kines Employee Break Room, 2nd Floor, Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, 5:00pm – 7:00pm.
Tues., April 23 - Prince George County Board of Supervisors Public Meeting in the 3rd Floor Board Room, Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, at 7:00pm.
Wed., April 24 - Denim Day 2019, to benefit The James House, Employees can make a $5 donation to wear denim to work in Prince George County Government Offices, 8:30am - 5:00pm.
Wed., April 24 - Joint Community Meeting with AT&T and VZW for Communications Towers, in the Kines Break Room, 2nd Floor, Administration Bldg., 6602 Courts Drive 6:00pm - 7:00pm.
Thurs., April 25 - N.B. Clements Jr. Beta Club Fundraiser (10% of ALL orders to fund trip for club to National Convention), at Luca Italian Restaurant, 6411 Courthouse Road, Prince George, during regular restaurant hours, 11:00am - 10:00pm.
Thurs., April 25 - "How To Write a Business Plan", FREE workshop presented by Crater SBDC of Longwood University, at the Prince George Public Library, 6605 Courts Drive, from 3:00pm - 5:00pm.
Thurs., April 25 - A Community Conversation About Opioid & Prescription Drug Misuse at Guncotten Coffee Shop, 238 E. Broadway, Hopewell, from 5:00pm - 7:00pm.
Thurs., April 25 – Prince George County Planning Commission Meeting in the 3rd Floor Board Room, Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, beginning at 6:30pm.
Fri., April 26 - "Community Coffee", a H/PG Chamber event, with Del. Emily Brewer & Barbara Tabb, of the VA Electoral Board, at Prince George Family Barbecue, 4605 County Drive, Disputanta, from 8:00am - 10:00am.
April 27-28 - USSSA Wood Bat Blast Baseball Tournament on Prince George County Ball Fields. Game times vary.
Happy Easter Sunday
The Board of Supervisors & County Staff wish everyone a very safe holiday weekend and Happy Easter Sunday.
Important Things to Know
• DEQ awards $655,109 to Prince George County for stream restoration project. Details.
• This flu season is the longest in a decade, CDC says. Details.
• CDC suspects ground beef is the source of recent E. coli outbreak in six states, including Virginia. Details.
• Fort Lee's 392nd band announces plans to inactivate. Details.
• '50 Days of LOVE Happening in the Best Part of Virginia' event schedule. Details.
• Public School Division announces results of water sampling. Details.
• Upcoming Prince George High School athletic events. Details.
• Hopewell to host Community Opioid meeting April 25. Details.
• Melon products recalled because of outbreak of salmonella. Details.
• Panera makes changes to serve a better breakfast. Details.
• Burn ban in effect until April 30. Details.
• Bed, Bath & Beyond to close 40 stores. Details.
• Fisher-Price recalls five million 'Rock 'n Play' Sleepers because of multiple infant deaths. Details.
• Commissioner of the Revenue issues 13 new business licenses since March 29. Details.
• County Administrator Blogs. Details.
• Regional employment opportunities. Details.
• What's showing at the movies in Prince George County? Details.
• Latest Prince George County Gasoline Prices. Details.
• How to report pesky potholes. Details.
Quote of the Week
"You know which title I like best? I like to be called mother."
~ Jayne Mansfield, actress
Percy C. Ashcraft, County Administrator | Prince George County, VA | (804) 722-8600
Fax (804) 732-3604 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.princegeorgecountyva.gov