April 9 Meeting Recap
BOS Approves to Keep the 2019 Tax Levies for Real Property, Tangible Personal Property, Mobile Homes, and Machinery and Tools at Existing Rate
The Board of Supervisors at its April 9 meeting held public hearings for the consideration of equalization of tax rate based on assessment and the establishment of the 2019 tax levies for real property, tangible personal property, mobile homes, and machinery and tools. After both public hearings were heard, the Board unanimously voted to keep the tax rates the same with no increase or decrease. Therefore, Personal Property will remain at $4.25, mobile homes and real property at $.86, and machinery and tools at $1.50.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its meeting and work session:
- Received a report from Community Development Director Julie Walton on the Marl Bank Stormwater Project.
- Received a report from Human Resources Director on Position Control Chart change for the Commissioner of Revenue’s Office.
- Received an End of Session report for the 2019 General Assembly from Martha Burton of the Crater District Planning Commission.
- Unanimously approved a commendation for Officer Christopher Helmer for his service to Prince George County.
- Unanimously approved a commendation for Utility/Billing Collection Specialist Kimberly Riggs for her service to Prince George County.
- Unanimously proclaimed April National Alcohol Awareness Month.
- Unanimously proclaimed April National County Government Month.
- Received a maintenance report from VDOT.
- Received a Farmers Market Update from IT Director Kirsten Cherry.
- Received an update on Prince George Clean Community Day from General Services Director Mike Purvis.
- Received an update from County Engineer Frank Haltom on Emergency Utilities Repairs.
- Unanimously approved an authority to advertise a public hearing to consider an Ordinance Amendment relating to the duties of the County Administrator.
- Unanimously supported a VA ABC License application from Prince George Farms, Inc. (dba Sheetz #667).
- Unanimously approved an authority to execute a contract for administration of a Flexible Benefit & Cafeteria 125 Plan.
- Unanimously approved an authority to advertise a public hearing to consider an adoption of the VDOT Secondary Six-Year Plan.
- Unanimously approved the adoption of an emergency Ordinance relating to business licenses and delinquent taxes.
- Approved a lease agreement for The St. James Lodge #128 and Helena Chapter #110 of The Eastern Star of Virginia, for a space at the Central Wellness Center with Mr. Brown abstaining.