Upcoming Meetings & Events
Feb. 15 - April 30 - Statewide Burn Law in effect: No burning BEFORE 4:00PM (this includes campfires, brush fires, etc.). Please contact the Virginia Department of Forestry with any questions at 434-977-6555.
Sat., April 6 - Appomattox River Regional Park 5K Trail Run, hosted by Prince George County Parks/Recreation Dept., Riverside Regional Jail & FOLAR, at the Appomattox River Regional Park, 800 FOLAR Trail, Prince George, starting at 9:00am.
April 6-7 - Quest For The Best Baseball Tournament (ages 9-14) on various Prince George County Ball Fields. Game times vary.
Sat., April 6 - Pet Adoption Event, sponsored by the Prince George Animal Services at Tractor Supply, 8175 Wagner Way, Prince George, from 9:00am - 12:00pm.
April 7-13 - National Animal Care and Control Week
Mon., April 8 - Prince George Social Services Advisory Board will meet in the Social Services Office, 2nd Floor, 6450 Administration Drive, at 9:00am.
Mon., April 8 - Drug Court for Prince George County, City of Hopewell, and Surry County, at Prince George Circuit Court, 6601 Courts Drive, beginning at 4:00pm.
Tues., April 9 - Extension Leadership Committee (ELC) Meeting in the Community Room of the Human Services Building, 6450 Administration Drive, beginning at 12:00pm.
Tues., April 9 - Prince George County Board of Supervisors Work Session & Public Meeting in the 3rd Floor Board Room of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, at 6:00pm & 7:00pm respectively.
Tues., April 9 - 21st Annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner (invitation only) at Riverside Regional Jail, 500 FOLAR Trail, N. Prince George, at 6:00pm.
Tues. April 9 - Baxter Ridge Neighborhood Watch meeting at Baxter Ridge Park on Woods Ridge Trace, beginning at 6:00pm.
Wed., April 10 - Special Olympics "Little Feet Meet" Track Event at the Prince George High School Track (Football Stadium), from 10:00am - 2:00pm.
Wed., April 10 - Prince George Business Roundtable Meeting at CCAM, 5520 W. Quaker Road, Disputanta, beginning at 12:00pm.
Wed., April 10 - "Caregivers Café" presented by Crater Community Hospice, at the Petersburg Public Library, Multi-purpose Room, 201 W. Washington Street, Petersburg, at 3:00pm.
Thurs., April 11 - Southside Virginia Association of Realtors Legislative Affairs & Board of Directors Breakfast at Luca Italian Restaurant, 6411 Courthouse Road, Prince George, at 8:00am.
Thurs., April 11 - Virginia's Gateway Region 58th Annual Meeting with Keynote Speaker Kartik Athreya, of the Federal Reserve Bank, at The Keystone Truck and Tractor Museum, 880 W Roslyn Rd, Colonial Heights, 5:30pm.
Fri., April 12 - Ladies BVFD Paint Nite ($35 person), at Burrowsville Community Center, 18701 James River Drive, from 6:00pm - 8:30pm.
BOS Approves Naming Two Traffic Circles After Fallen Soldiers
The Board of Supervisors at its April 3 Budget Worksession unanimously approved the naming of two traffic circles - one on Allin Road and the other to be built on Bull Hill/Courthouse Road after fallen Prince George County soldiers Michael Carey & Phillip Myers. Approvals still have to be received from the Commonwealth Transportation Board.
Important Things to Know
• Utility repairs begin Sunday night at Beechwood Manor. Details.
• Burger King tests vegetarian whopper. Details.
• Senator Dance 'End of the General Assembly' Newsletter. Details.
• Upcoming Prince George High School athletic events. Details.
• Nationwide recall issued for beef patties shipped to schools. Details.
• Assaults against elderly men increase 75 percent nationwide. Details.
• Virginia lawmakers vote to end driver's license suspension over unpaid fees. Details.
• Burn ban in effect until April 30. Details.
• Emergency utility repair at Laurel Spring/Prince George Drive. Details.
• Prince George High School Softball Fundraiser. Details.
• Nickname originated by Prince George native wasn't a hit at first for the Flying Squirrels. Details.
• Arrests made in the armed robbery at former Comcast Customer Service Center. Details.
• 'Education Day' is May 1 at the Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing. Details.
• Prepare to pay even more at Richmond's most expensive toll. Details.
• County Administrator Blogs. Details.
• Regional employment opportunities. Details.
• What's showing at the movies in Prince George County? Details.
• Latest Prince George County Gasoline Prices. Details.
• How to report pesky potholes. Details.
• VDOT 2019 Statewide Paving Map. Details.
• Legislators vote yes to Central State overhaul. Details.
• Fatal heart attacks at historic low of 12 percent. Details.
• Public Safety Foundation now accepting donations for special projects for Prince George Police & Fire and EMS.
• Hopewell, Prince George County government, education leaders hold meeting March 29 to discuss innovations in technical education.
• Trailer fire April 1 on Bancroft Avenue sends two to the hospital with burn injuries.
Quote of the Week
"I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him."
~ Booker T. Washington, educator & author
Percy C. Ashcraft, County Administrator | Prince George County, VA | (804) 722-8600
Fax (804) 732-3604 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.princegeorgecountyva.gov