On May 1st, CCAM will be hosting its next research day focused on:
“Education Day: What is Working in Manufacturing Education”
CCAM will be co-hosting this event with John Tyler Community College (JTCC). JTCC and CCAM will bring speakers and panelists from education, industry and government to discuss best practices and the creation of a sustainable pipeline of production ready workers.
The agenda is to discover bridge building opportunities in manufacturing education for each step in the pathway: from trainee to Ph.D.
- 9am-12pm: Speaker topics will be from subject matter experts from multiple levels of manufacturing educators to connect the pathways between: vocational training, community college education, under graduate degrees, and advanced manufacturing degrees.
- 12pm-1pm: Break for lunch
- 1pm-4pm: Panel discussion from Manufacturing USA: Workforce Development for New Technologies
Opening remarks will be made by Megan Healy,
Chief Workforce Development Advisor at Office of Governor Ralph Northam
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Denise Ball: Workforce Development Specialist, ToolingU-SME
- Steven Dimmett: Assistant Principal, Chesterfield Technical Center at Chesterfield County (Virginia) Public Schools
- Regina McLean: The Apprentice School at Newport News Shipbuilding
- Troy Simpson: Director of Advanced Manufacturing at The Institute for Advanced Learning and Research
- Dr. Paris Stringfellow: Interim Director for the Risk Engineering and System Analytics Center, Clemson University & Dr. Laine Mears: Professor & BMW Smart State Chair of Automotive Manufacturing, Clemson University, Department of Automotive Engineering
- Michael Britt-Crane, DoD Manufacturing Technology Program Office, Education and Workforce Development Lead
- Mary Ann Pacelli, NIST MEP Program Manager, Workforce Development
- Josh Cranmer: Director, Education and Workforce America Makes, Additive Manufacturing Institute
- Joannie Harmon: Workforce Manager IACMI, Advanced Composites Institute
- Rebecca Hartley: Director, Education and Workforce Development ARM, Advanced Robotics for Manufacturing Institute
- Lizabeth Stuck: Head of Engagement and Workforce Development, MxD, Digital Manufacturing Institute
Click here to register for this event
Over the course of the last eighteen (18) months, CCAM has held a series of well attended Research Days here at our Prince George County research facility. CCAM has held research days on additive manufacturing, automation and machining. These events have been well attended with an average of 125+ attendees drawn from members, potential members, federal agencies and research-based universities.