Catchin' Up On
Prince George County Government News
Prince George County, VA March 29, 2019
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Feb. 15 - April 30 - Statewide Burn Law in effect: No burning BEFORE 4:00PM (this includes campfires, brush fires, etc.). Please contact the Virginia Department of Forestry with any questions at 434-977-6555.
Fri., March 29 - LAST DAY for discounted registration for the Appomattox River Regional Park 5K Trail Run, hosted by Prince George County Parks/Recreation Dept., Riverside Regional Jail & FOLAR. The race will be held on Sat., April 6 with a 9:00am start.
Sat., March 30 - "Open House" at Richard Bland College of William & Mary, 11301 Johnson Road, South Prince George, at 8:30am.
Sat., March 30 - A Blood Drive in Memory of VSP Trooper J.A. Walker (American Red Cross) will be held at the Eastside Community Enhancement Center, 7301 Boydton Plank Road, N. Dinwiddie, from 10:00am - 4:00pm.
Sun., March 31 - Deadline for Early Bird Discount Registration for the Hopewell/Prince George Chamber Community Group Trip to Tuscany. Visit the H/PG Chamber & Visitor Center, 4100 Oaklawn Boulevard or call 804-541-2461.
April 1-5 - "Spring Fever" Spring specials every day at Swaders Sport Park, 4725 Whitehill Boulevard, Prince George. Open 10am - 9pm daily.
Mon. April 1 - Drug Court for Prince George County, City of Hopewell, and Surry County, at the Prince George Circuit Court, 6601 Courts Drive, at 4:00pm.
Wed., April 3 - Community Policy Management Team (CPMT) Meeting will be held in the Social Services Office, 2nd Floor, 6450 Administration Drive, beginning at 9:00am.
Wed., April 3 – Prince George County Board Of Supervisors Budget Work Session will be held in the 3rd Floor Board Room of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, beginning at 6:00pm.
Today is the deadline to register for the April 6 Appomattox 5K Trail Run
Registration ends today for the Appomattox 5K Trail Run set for April 6. Contact Parks & Recreation to register. Details.
Important Things to Know
• Recap of March 26 BOS Meeting. Details.
• April Message from the County Administrator. Details.
• Upcoming Prince George High School athletic events. Details.
• Passenger files $10 million lawsuit in fatal bus crash. Details.
• What AT&T, Comcast & Verizon are doing about robocalls. Details.
• You should probably update your IPhone because it is in need of critical security fixes. Details.
• Burn ban in effect until April 30. Details.
• Sheetz looking to hire 500 people in Virginia. Details.
• Prince George High School Softball Fundraiser. Details.
• County first responders lauded for lifesaving aid at Exit 45 bus crash. Details.
• Prince George Police investigating shooting at Saddlebrook Lane. Details.
• Former Prince George school bus driver arrested; left scene of an accident. Details.
• News & Events at the Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing. Details.
• Reese's releases two new products that have even more chocolate & peanut butter. Details.
• County Administrator Blogs. Details.
• Regional employment opportunities. Details.
• What's showing at the movies in Prince George County? Details.
• Latest Prince George County Gasoline Prices. Details.
• How to report pesky potholes. Details.
• Fort Lee volunteers offer translation he lp after bus crash. Details.
• Editorial: Drunk Driving - A roundabout in the intersection of legal & moral. Details.
• Commissioner of the Revenue issues 10 new business licenses since March 15. Details.
• Group of local elected officials pondering naming a state holiday after Pocahontas.
• Prince George School Board expands school district closings to include April 19 & May 24.
• Huddle House off Exit 45 holds Soft Opening March 27 afternoon; hiring opportunities available.
Quote of the Week
"I contend that the strongest of all governments is that which is most free."
~ John Tyler, 10th President of the United States.
Percy C. Ashcraft, County Administrator | Prince George County, VA | (804) 722-8600
Fax (804) 732-3604 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.princegeorgecountyva.gov