March 26 Meeting Recap
BOS Holds a Public Hearing and Approves Rezoning Request for Nathaniel E. Dozier, Jr.
The Board of Supervisors at its March 26 meeting held a public hearing for a rezoning request by Nathaniel Dozier to conditionally rezone approximately 31 acres along County Drive from R-A, Residential-Agricultural to B-1, General Business Zoning District to permit various commercial uses. The property is located at 5200 County Drive and the Comprehensive Plan indicates that the subject property is appropriate for commercial uses.
There were several citizens who spoke both for and against the rezoning request, including concerned adjacent property owners. The Board approved the rezoning request with a four to one vote, with Mr. Carmichael dissenting.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its meeting:
- Unanimously approved and presented a commendation to Micheal Malandro for 16 years of service to Prince George County.
- Unanimously proclaimed April 1 Census Awareness Day.
- Unanimously approved a Budget Amendment and Appropriation in the amount of $123,655 for Fire Program Funds.
- Received Child ID Equipment for the Commonwealth Attorney’s Office from the Grand Lodge (Masons) of Virginia A.F. & A.M.
- Received a report from Human Resources Director Corrie Hurt on Employees Day to Serve.
- Unanimously awarded contracts for Utility Title Examinations/Search.
- Unanimously awarded a contract for annual engineering services.
- Unanimously approved a Memorandum of Understanding between Prince George County and Sussex County relating to animal services.
- Unanimously approved an Ordinance Amendment related to utility connection fees.
- Unanimously approved an Ordinance Amendment related to the Utility Conservation Plan.
- Unanimously approved an Ordinance Amendment related to Utility Pro Rata Share.
- Unanimously approved a Special Exception request of Petersburg Cellular Partnership (d/b/a Verizon Wireless) to construct a 199-foot monopole communication tower.