The Board of Supervisors at its March 12 meeting held a public hearing and voted unanimously to appropriate $1,583,633.35 to the School Operating Fund for FY2019 School Impact Aid Funds.
The School Board requested this appropriation for a list of planned projects, including wireless infrastructure, two special education buses, HVAC work at JEJ Moore Middle School, roof maintenance at Harrison Elementary School, electrical work at N.B. Clements Jr. High, the High School, and North Elementary, a security vestibule at N.B. Clements Jr. High, the High School, and Moore Middle, a facility index study, and High School parking lot repairs.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its meeting and worksession:
• Received a summary on the upcoming Nathaniel E. Dozier, Jr. rezoning request.
• Received a report on the possible use of contractive services for litter pick-up.
• Received an update from the County Engineer on utilities projects.
• Unanimously approved an appropriation in the amount of $35,020.96 for Four for Life Grant Funds.
• Received a maintenance report from VDOT.
• Unanimously authorized a public hearing for Eastern Star Chapter and Masonic Lodge Lease at the Central Wellness Center.
• Unanimously authorized the Wellness Committee to complete and submit a grant application to Heal Cities and Towns Mid-Atlantic for the Heal Cities and Towns Campaign Grant.
• Discussed and took no action on a VA ABC License request from Proud Mamas Kitchen LLC.
• Held a public hearing and unanimously approved a lease for a portion of the Central Wellness Center to The Woman’s Club of Prince George County.
• Held a public hearing and voted 3-2 to authorize the issuance of up to $9,450,000 in general obligation bonds, with Brown and Webb dissenting.
• Held a public hearing and voted 3-2 to approve a budget amendment and appropriation in the amount of $8,238,473 for various projects, with Brown and Webb dissenting.