Catchin' Up On
Prince George County Government News
Prince George County, VA March 1, 2019
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Feb. 15 - April 30 - Statewide Burn Law in effect: No burning BEFORE 4:00PM (this includes campfires, brush fires, etc.). Please contact the Virginia Department of Forestry with any questions at 434-977-6555.
Sat., March 2 - "Think Spring" Indoor Yard Sale Annual Fundraiser for the Prince George Regional Heritage Center, inside the Center, 6406 Courthouse Road, 8:00am - 12:00pm.
Mon., March 4 Drug Court for Prince George County, City of Hopewell, and Surry County, at the Prince George Circuit Court, 6601 Courts Drive, beginning at 4:00pm.
Wed., March 6 - Community Policy Management Team (CPMT) Meeting at the Prince George Social Services Office, 2nd Floor, 6450 Administration Drive, at 9:00am.
Thurs., March 7 – Prince George County Board of Supervisors Budget Work Session in the 3rd Floor Board Room of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, beginning at 6:00pm.
Thurs, March 7 - BVFD Ladies Auxiliary Meeting, at the Burrowsville Community Center, 18701 James River Drive, Disputanta, at 7:00pm.
Fri., March 8 - St. Patrick's Day Middle School Dance ($2 per P.G. School student), at the Prince George Parks and Rec Community Center, 11100 Old Stage Road, from 7:00pm - 9:00pm.
County Administrator Proposes FY '20 Budget with No Tax or Fee Increases
County Administrator Percy Ashcraft proposed the FY '20 Budget to the Board of Supervisors at its meeting February 26. The proposed spending plan is $122 million, but includes no increase in taxes or fees. Message. Budget.
Important Things to Know
• USA pedestrian deaths are highest in three decades. Details.
• Recap of February 26 BOS Meeting. Details.
• Marvin Gaye to debut on US postage stamp. Details.
• Officials at Hopewell Moose Lodge vow to rebuild after fire destroys longtime structure. Details.
• Burn ban in effect until April 30. Details.
• Class 5 Region Baseball Preview. Details.
• Flying Squirrels to offer new video board to its fans. Details.
• Preview of 2019 Richard Bland College softball season. Details.
• Wins & losses from 2019 Legislative Session. Details.
• Dozens of families attend Fort Lee housing town hall; express wide-ranging health, safety concerns. Details.
• Commissioner of the Revenue’s Office has issued 31 new business licenses since February 15. Details.
• Proud Mamas Kitchen at 5380 Oaklawn Boulevard applies for ABC license; citizens comment period open.
• Prince George Grand Lodge of Virginia A.F. & A.M. shows support for child safety in partnership with the Commonwealth Attorney’s Office.
• Never-released Dr. Seuss book to be available this fall. Details.
• New County Courtroom about 85 percent complete; should open in April.
• County Administrator Blogs. Details.
• Regional employment opportunities. Details.
• Prince George High School sports schedule and results. Details.
• What's showing at the movies in Prince George County? Details.
• Latest Prince George County Gasoline Prices. Details.
Quote of the Week
"People that are mentally sharp are never tired."
~ Geno Auriemma, Head Coach UConn Women's Basketball
Percy C. Ashcraft, County Administrator | Prince George County, VA | (804) 722-8600
Fax (804) 732-3604 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.princegeorgecountyva.gov