Catchin' Up On
Prince George County Government News
Prince George County, VA February 22, 2019
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Fri., Feb. 22 - Black History Month Celebration: "Black Migrations" with impersonators, music and food, at the Burrowsville Community Center, 17410 James River Drive, beginning at 7:00pm.
Sun., Feb. 24 - "The United State Colored Troops: Who Were They? Why Were They Here?", a Black History Month presentation at the Prince George Regional Heritage Center. 6406 Courthouse Road, beginning at 2:00pm.
Mon., Feb. 25 - The Prince George TRIAD will meet at the Prince George Library, 6605 Courts Drive, at 1:00pm.
Tues., Feb. 26 - Prince George County Board of Supervisors Public Meeting in the 3rd Floor Board Room of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, at 7:00pm.
Wed., Feb. 27 - Prince George County Business Roundtable Meeting - Class of 2019, at the Prince George Public Library, 6605 Courts Drive, from 12:00pm - 2:00pm.
Wed., Feb. 27 - Ft. Lee Town Hall Meeting: "Family Housing Concerns", will be held at the Lee Theater, 4300 Mahone Avenue, Fort Lee, from 6:00pm - 7:00pm.
Thurs., Feb. 28 - Hopewell/Prince George Chamber Annual Membership Meeting & Recognition Ceremony at the Upper Shirley Vineyards, 600 Shirley Plantation Road, Charles City, 11:30am - 2:00pm.
Thurs., Feb. 28 - Riverside Regional Jail Authority Board Meeting at the Riverside Regional Jail Office, 500 FOLAR Trail, North Prince George, beginning at 12:00pm.
Thurs., Feb. 28 - "Mobile McEachin", a public opportunity to meet with staff of Congressman Donald McEachin, at the Prince George Library, Large Meeting Room, 6605 Courts Drive, from 1:00pm - 4:00pm.
Thurs., Feb. 28 – Prince George County Planning Commission Meeting, in the 3rd Floor Board Room of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, at 6:30pm.
March 2-3 - USSSA Early Bird Baseball Tournament on various Prince George County Ball Fields. Game times vary throughout the tournament.
Riley Ingram says good-bye to colleagues in final GA Session
Longtime House of Delegates member Riley Ingram said goodbye to his colleagues earlier this week as he wraps up his final General Assembly session. Details.
Important Things to Know
• Senator Rosalyn Dance General Assembly Newsletter. Details.
• Flying Squirrels part of new format to qualify for post-season play. Details.
• Casey Logan named new CEO for Prince George Electric Cooperative. Details.
• What Virginia tax changes mean for your state income tax return. Details.
• Richard Bland College emerges as the fastest growing post-secondary institution in the Commonwealth. Details.
• Virginia schools may be allowed to open before Labor Day. Details.
• New Virginia license plate will support 'Move Over Law.' Details.
• Superintendent sends budget proposal to Prince George School Board. Details.
• Why some Virginians will receive March SNAP benefits early. Details.
• Study shows heart attacks on the rise for young women. Details.
• Fire & EMS volunteers, career personnel share training opportunities. Details.
• Virginia State Police adds 80 troopers. Details.
• ‘Furever Valentine’ pet adoption February 16 saw 17 dogs and cats find new homes.
• New state law raises the age for tobacco purchases to 21. Details.
• County Administrator Blogs. Details.
• Regional employment opportunities. Details.
• Prince George High School sports schedule and results. Details.
• What's showing at the movies in Prince George County? Details.
• Latest Prince George County Gasoline Prices. Details.
Quote of the Week
"Worry is the interest paid by those who borrow trouble."
~ President George Washington
Percy C. Ashcraft, County Administrator | Prince George County, VA | (804) 722-8600
Fax (804) 732-3604 | email@example.com | www.princegeorgecountyva.gov