February 12 Meeting Recap
BOS Holds Public Hearing and Approves Ordinance Allocating $.02 of the Real Estate Tax for Fire Apparatus Replacement
The Board of Supervisors at its February 12 meeting approved an ordinance allocating $.02 of the Real Estate tax for Fire Apparatus Replacement for the Coordinated Fire and EMS System. Since the fiscal year 2014, as part of the Board approval of an annual budget, the Board has committed revenue from $.02 of the real estate tax to be used for fire apparatus replacement for the coordinated Fire/EMS System. The approved ordinance will make such an allocation permanent in a way that provides long-term predictability and a dedicated funding stream for certain fire apparatus replacement.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its Worksession and Meeting:
- Received an update from County Engineer Frank Haltom on various Utility matters.
- Received a presentation by Human Resources Director Corrie Hurt on the Commonwealth of Virginia (COVA) 457 Plan.
- Unanimously approved an appropriation in the amount of $14,057.65 for District 19 Adult Education FY2019 Revenue and Expenditure Increases.
- Unanimously approved a Proclamation of February, 2019 as “Black History Month.”
- Received a report from VDOT.
- Received a report on Property Maintenance and Inoperable Vehicles.
- Unanimously approved January 22, 2019 Regular Minutes.
- Unanimously approved personnel policy revisions.
- Received the Department Head 2018 Annual Reports.
- Unanimously approved proposed changes to the Crater Workforce Investment Board Agreement.
- Unanimously approved authority to advertise a public hearing to consider condemnation of temporary construction easement.
- Unanimously approved authority to advertise a public hearing for an appropriation of $1,583,633.35 for FY2019 School Impact Aid Funds.
- Unanimously authorized Fire and EMS to complete and submit a grant application to Virginia Office of EMS for two Zoll X Series Manual Monitor/Defibrillators.
- Unanimously approved award of contract for Route 10 Fire Station generator.
- Unanimously approved authority to advertise a public hearing to consider approval to lease a portion of the Central Wellness Center to The Woman’s Club of Prince George County.
- Unanimously approved authority to advertise a public hearing authorizing the issuance of general obligation bonds in the maximum principal amount of up to $9,450,000.
- Unanimously approved authority to advertise a public hearing for the appropriation of up to $8,238,473 in debt proceeds to the Capital Projects Fund.
- Unanimously appointed Chief Keith Early to the John Tyler Alcohol Safety Action Program.
- Unanimously appointed Stephen Brockwell to the Board of Grievance Appeals.
Unanimously appointed County Administrator Percy Ashcraft to the Appomattox River Water Authority.