Catchin' Up On
Prince George County Government News
Prince George County, VA February 8, 2019
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Sat., Feb. 9 - "Zumba For Heart", $5 donation with all proceeds benefiting the American Heart Association, at the Prince George Parks & Recreation Community Center, 11100 Old Stage Road, from 9:30am - 11:30am.
Sat., Feb. 9 - Prince George Special Olympics Softball Meeting at the Prince George Central Wellness Center, 11033 Prince George Drive, Disputanta, at 3:30pm.
Mon., Feb. 11 - Prince George Social Services Advisory Board will meet at the Social Services Office, 2nd Floor, 6450 Administration Drive, at 9:00am.
Mon., Feb. 11 - Riverside Regional Jail Finance Committee will meet in the Riverside Regional Jail Office, 500 FOLAR Trail, N. Prince George, beginning at 1:00pm.
Mon., Feb. 11 - Drug Court for Prince George County, City of Hopewell, and Surry County will be held at the Prince George Circuit Court, 6601 Courts Drive, beginning at 4:00pm.
Mon. Feb. 11 - Prince George County School Board will meet in the 3rd Floor Board Room of the County’s Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, at 6:30pm.
Tues., Feb. 12 - Prince George County Board of Supervisors Worksession & Public Meeting in the 3rd Floor Board Room of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, at 6:00pm & 7:00pm, respectively.
Wed., Feb. 13 - Civilian Military Council Meeting and Luncheon, hosted by the City of Petersburg, at the Union Train Station, 103 River Street, Petersburg, VA, from 11:30am - 1:30pm.
Wed., Feb. 13 - "Caregivers Café", presented by Crater Community Hospice, will take place in the Petersburg Public Library, Multi-purpose Room, 201 W. Washington Street, Petersburg, at 3:00pm.
New 9-1-1 Collaborative Agreement Signed Today by PG, Ft. Lee Officials
Prince George County Government & Fort Lee officials met today at the Emergency Operations Center for a ceremony signing a new 9-1-1 agreement between the two public entities.A video of the signing can be viewed here.
Important Things to Know
• General Assembly Update by Delegate Emily Brewer. Details.
• Richmond Coliseum Closed for Now. Details.
• Senator Rosalyn Dance General Assembly Newsletter. Details.
• Legislative Crossover Report. Details.
• Prince George High School Sophomore Tanner Drewry coordinates donation of 500 pounds of deer meat to 'Hunters for the Hungry'. Details.
• Arrest made from Hit-and-Run incident involving Prince George County school bus. Details.
• Animal Services Valentine's Day Adoption Event. Details.
• Organizational meeting set for Prince George Special Olympics Softball program. Details.
• Research shows kids spend too much time on cell phones; don't sleep and exercise enough. Details.
• Pickleball ambassador eaten up with the sport. Details.
• Walmart will pay bonuses for good attendance. Details.
• BOS Chairman Donald Hunter, Vice Chairman Floyd Brown, Jr. complete two-day workshop at the Chairpersons’ Institute last weekend in Richmond.
• County employees reach $8,000 fundraising goal while participating in Saturday’s Polar Plunge for Special Olympics.
• County employees ‘Day to Serve’ will focus on litter pickup on major roadways.
• Budget preview: County Administrator says little growth available for FY ’20 Budget because of pressure to fund regional jail.
• Prince George Electric Cooperative officials reporting that Chief Executive Mike Malandro has resigned to take a position in Maryland.
• Early morning house fire on February 7 on Old Iron Road displaces five family members.
• E-gaming (non-gambling) might be the next sports tourism concept to be offered in Prince George County.
• Riverside Regional Jail Authority close to narrowing the list of applicants for interview for permanent superintendent’s position.
• Ribbon cutting today for new OB/GYN office in the Crossings plaza.
• Flags to hang at half-staff Saturday in memory of fallen State Police Trooper Lucas Dowell of Smyth County.
• Large crowd attends Prince George Cooperative broadband meeting February 7 for briefing on expansion.
• Registration underway for Appomattox Trail Run. Details.
• County Administrator Blogs. Details.
• Regional employment opportunities. Details.
• Prince George High School sports schedule and results. Details.
• What's showing at the movies in Prince George County? Details.
• Latest Prince George County Gasoline Prices. Details.
Quote of the Week
"Pitchers did me a favor when they knocked me down. It made me more determined. I wouldn't let that pitcher get me out."
~ Frank Robinson
Percy C. Ashcraft, County Administrator | Prince George County, VA | (804) 722-8600
Fax (804) 732-3604 | email@example.com | www.princegeorgecountyva.gov