January 22 Meeting Recap
BOS Holds Public Hearing and Approves Rezoning for Dollar General Store in District 2
The Board of Supervisors at its January 22 meeting approved a rezoning request of Par 5 Development Group LLC to conditionally rezone 2.5 acres from R-A, Residential-Agricultural to B-1, General Business Zoning District for the purpose of a Dollar General store.
The Dollar General store will be located at the corner of Route 10 and Moody Road directly across the street from the old Parker’s Grocery. There was a Community Meeting held on November 5, 2018 for interested citizens and adjacent property owners to hear more about this project. Chairman Hunter stated that he attended that meeting and the project was very well received by the citizens in need of a store in that area. The rezoning request was approved 4-0. Mr. Carmichael was absent.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its Meeting:
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda a resolution approving the donation of a surplus vehicle to Jefferson Park Volunteer Fire Department.
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda an appropriation of insurance recoveries for Fire/EMS automotive supplies in the amount of $7,967.91.
- Unanimously approved an award of contract to Professional Maintenance Company, Inc. for janitorial services in the amount of $194,098.02.
- Unanimously approved refunds for taxicab provider permit fees for a portion of 2017.
- Unanimously approved an award of contract to Dominion Lock & Security for building entrance and security upgrades in the amount of $63,898.
- Unanimously approved an Intergovernmental Support Agreement with Fort Lee for Utilization of the 911 System.
- Received a planning update on the relocation of the Jefferson Park Fire Station.
- Unanimously approved the Dedication of a Parcel of Land to VDOT on Route 460 in order to make road improvements.