December 11 Meeting Recap
BOS Unanimously Approved to Honor
Harvey Reginald Jones, Sr. (“Coach Reggie”)
The Board of Supervisors at its December 11 meeting unanimously approved to honor Harvey Reginald Jones, Sr. (“Coach Reggie”) by accepting the Prince George Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission’s recommendation to name the Central Wellness Center Gym after him.
Coach Reggie, who passed away this year, was a beloved coach for over thirty-five years for the Prince George Parks and Recreation Department. He was also a founding member of the Prince George Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission. The Commission met on November 14 and unanimously agreed to pass this recommendation to the Board of Supervisors.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its Worksession and Meeting:
- Received a presentation from Tim Graves in Planning on potential sites for a New Convenience Center in District Two.
- Received a report from Finance Director Betsy Drewry on the status of Stormwater Fee Collections.
- Received a report from County Engineer Frank Haltom on a rate increase proposal by Virginia American Water.
- Unanimously approved an appropriation of $44,107.53 for school student support and academic enrichment grant funds.
- Unanimously approved an appropriation of $35,696 for school State security equipment grant funds.
- Unanimously approved an appropriation of $50,000 for District 19 Adult Education State PluggedIn VA grant funds.
- Accepted the dedication of various drainage and construction easement in Birchett Estates and Cedar Creek for stormwater improvements.
- Received a maintenance report from VDOT.
- Received an auditor’s report from Robinson, Farmer, Cox.
- Received an annual report from Joseph Waymack on the James River Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Received a Rolls-Royce Crosspointe update from Lorin Sodell.
- Authorized to sign and submit certification of presentation of FY2017-2018 Financial Report.
- Unanimously approved a resolution authorizing execution of Service Center Metals Agreement in the amount of $200,000 for COF Grant.
- Unanimously agreed to pass on award of contract and budget amendment and appropriation for recording and streaming of Board meeting until budget season.
- Unanimously approved a position control chart revision and budget transfer for Fire/EMS.
- Unanimously agreed to add the ratification by Virginia of the Equal Rights Amendment to the United States Constitution to the Prince George County Board of Supervisors Legislative Priorities list for the 2019 General Assembly Session.
- Unanimously recommended Mary Ann White for reappointment to the Board of Equalization of Assessments.
- Reappointed Floyd M. Brown, Sr. and Joseph Simmons to the Prince George Planning Commission with Supervisor Brown abstaining.
- Unanimously reappointed J. Peter Clements to the Virginia Gateway Region.
- Unanimously appointed Donald Hunter to the Riverside Community Criminal Justice Board.
- Approved the November 27, 2018 regular meeting minutes with Supervisor Brown abstaining.
- Unanimously approved a Rezoning request of Breez-In Associates LLC.
- Approved a rezoning request of Mitchell Homes 4-1, with Chairman Carmichael dissenting.
- Adjourned to December 19 at 6:00 pm in the Boardroom for a Pre-Budget Work Session.