November 27 Meeting Recap
BOS Adopts 2019 Legislative Program
The Board of Supervisors at its November 27 meeting unanimously adopted the Virginia Association of County’s (VACO) 2019 General Assembly Legislative Program.
Each year in the fall, the Board communicates any legislative requests for the upcoming General Assembly session to the County’s General Assembly delegation. The Board will meet with the delegation at a dinner meeting on December 4. The Board supports the VACO Legislative program in addition to local priorities, including the DMV “Block” system for collection of delinquent personal property taxes, additional funding for broadband infrastructure grants, State requirement to pay full daily rate of local jails, guaranteed State funding for salary increases for teachers and constitutional officers, protection of local grants relating to local emergency planning, regional burn buildings, and EMT personnel, requirement for Dominion Power to participate in broadband expansion, requirements for VDOT to construct and maintain drainage facilities necessitated by road construction, and grant opportunities for regional wastewater treatment upgrade.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its Meeting:
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda an appropriation for insurance recoveries for Fire/EMS automotive supplies.
- Received a report from IT Director Kirsten Cherry regarding video recording of Board meetings.
- Received a report from Parks and Recreation Director Keith Rotzoll on the 2018 Skalsky Soccer Tournament.
- Received a report from Director of Community Development and Code Compliance Julie Walton regarding Commercial Projects in the County.
- Unanimously approved a resolution revising the Financial Policy Guidelines regarding the Budget Process.
- Agreed on a Budget Work Session scheduled for December 19 at 6:00 p.m. in the Boardroom.