Catchin' Up On
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Nov. 9-25 - "The Sound of Music", presented by the Fort Lee Players, will show at the Fort Lee Playhouse, 4300 Mahone Avenue, Ft. Lee, on Friday and Saturday nights at 8:00pm and Sundays at 3:00pm.
Nov. 14-30 - 9th Annual Chamber Toy Drive for Ft. Lee Service Member Families Drop-off at Clark's Auto Care Center, 3290 Prince George Dr, Prince George, or The Holiday Helper Assoc. Office, Battle Drive, Building 9027, Ft. Lee.
Sat., Nov. 17 - "Tinsel Town Holiday Bazaar" - ($3) a GFWG James River Jr. Women's Club Event, at the P.G. Park & Rec Community Center, 11100 Old Stage Road, from 9:00am - 2:00pm. Details.
Sat., Nov. 17 - A Celebration of Life for George Poulson, retired Prince George County Director of General Services, at Oakland Baptist Church, 12601 Prince George Drive, Disputanta, 10:00am.
Sat., Nov. 17 - VFW Post 637 75th Awards Banquet (a PGPD & Fire/EMS Officer will be recognized) at VFW Post 637, 1400 Lynchburg Street, Hopewell, at 5:30pm.
Nov. 15-17 - Government Employee Nights for "A 1940's Radio Christmas Carol" at Swift Creek Mill Theatre, 17401 Jefferson Davis Highway, South Chesterfield. Showtimes 8:00pm.
Nov. 17 & 18 - 2018 Skalsky Soccer Tournament will be held at the NEW Scott Park Soccer Fields, Scott Memorial Park Road, Prince George, VA 23875. Games begin at 9:00am Saturday, with championship games beginning at 8:00am Sunday. Details.
Nov. 17-30 - "A 1940's Radio Christmas Carol", presented at the Swift Creek Mill Theatre, 17401 Jefferson Davis Hwy., S.Chesterfield 23834. Shows: Fri & Sat 8p/Sun 2:30p.
Sun., Nov. 18 - Flag Raising Ceremony Honoring First Responders and Veterans at 1800 Coxendale Road, Richmond, VA, at 2:00pm.
Mon. Nov. 19 - VSU Listening Session "Future of Public Health in Virginia" with Dr. M. Norman Oliver, at the VSU Gateway Dining Events Center, 2804 Martin Luther King Drive, starting at 5:45pm.
Mon. Nov. 19 - Prince George County School Board Meeting will be held in the 3rd Floor Board Room of the County’s Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, beginning at 6:30pm.
Wed., Nov. 21 - Thanksgiving Holiday - Prince George County Offices will CLOSE AT 12:30pm.
Thurs., Nov. 22 - Thanksgiving Day Holiday - Prince George County Government Offices CLOSED.
Fri., Nov. 23 - Thanksgiving Holiday - Prince George County Government Offices CLOSED.
'Go Green Award' Given to Prince George at VACo Annual Meeting
Prince George County was honored again for its preservation of the environment this week in receiving the 'Go Green Award' at the VACo Annual Meeting.
Important Things to Know
• Regional board to review Federal report on proposed train station. Details.
• New guidelines say Americans should 'Move more, sit less.' Details.
• Teen smoking hits record low in Virginia; vaping concerns remain. Details.
• Hasbro releases new Monopoly game for millennials. Details.
• Blue Bell ice cream returning to stores in Richmond area. Details.
• Recap of November 14 BOS Meeting. Details.
• Snow forecast for travelers this Thanksgiving holiday. Details.
• Prince George Police seeks identity of robbery suspect. Details.
• 'Ten Worst Toys' parents & grandparents should avoid this Christmas. Details.
• General Election saw 55 percent turnout in Prince George County.
• Prince George County again receives 'Distinguished Budget Presentation Award.' Details.
• County Administrator Blogs. Details.
• Regional employment opportunities. Details.
• Ten ways to honor veterans beyond 'Veterans Day.' Details.
• Prince George County Veterans Day ceremony honors men and women for sacrifice & service. Details.
• Prince George County 2018 Christmas Ornament recognizes last school year’s sports champions. Details.
• What's showing at the movies in Prince George County? Details.
• Latest Prince George County Gasoline Prices. Details.
• Fort Lee Credit Union hosts successful 'Shred Event.' Details.
• Riverside Regional Jail Authority fails to name interim superintendent; special meet set for November 30.
• Real estate bills have been sent out to residents and businesses. Deadline for payment is December 5.
• The Recreation Advisory Committee agreed November 14 to recommend to the Board of Supervisors the naming of the gymnasium at the Central Wellness Center after longtime coach and volunteer Reggie Jones.
• Richard Bland College cuts ribbon November 15 on new student residence hall.
• Colonial Heights City Manager Doug Smith elected chairman of both the Appomattox River Water Authority & South Central Wastewater Authority at November 15 meetings.
Quote of the Week
"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for."
~ Bob Marley
Percy C. Ashcraft, County Administrator | Prince George County, VA | (804) 722-8600
Fax (804) 732-3604 | email@example.com | www.princegeorgecountyva.gov