The Board of Supervisors at its November 14 meeting unanimously approved a new lease agreement and Special Exception that will lead to the development of an outdoor recreational feature at New Scott Park.
Following a public hearing, the BOS voted to enter into a lease agreement with Tree Time Adventures, Inc. It was the second time the BOS approved the lease agreement. Changes during negotiations of that first agreement led to the development of a second one that required another public hearing to be held.
The BOS three times had tabled the Special Exception request by the developer for the project, but it was approved along with the lease agreement.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its Worksession & Meeting:
• Received recommendations to update the County’s financial policies.
• Received a presentation on the ‘Next Gen 911.’
• Received information from the School Board regarding the location of a new elementary school.
• Approved on the Consensus Agenda a resolution proclaiming November 24 as ‘Small Business Saturday.’
• Approved on the Consensus Agenda an appropriation and budget transfer of $50,000 for School Resource Officer grant.
• Issued a Commendation to Drake Hannuksela upon his attainment of Eagle Scout.
• Received a report from Treasurer Susan Vargo on mailing of real estate tax bills and collection of delinquent accounts.
• Unanimously approved a resolution revising the ‘Appearance’ policy in the Employee Handbook.
• Unanimously approved revisions to the Position Control Chart.
• Unanimously reappointed Peter Clements & James Cuddihy to the Industrial Development Authority.