Invitation from Senator Rosalyn R. Dance
Beloved Community Roundtable
November 12, 2018 - 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Gillfield Baptist Church
"Where we go from here?"
The Virginia Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Commission invites the public to remember the life and legacy of Dr. King in a series of roundtables held in each of the Virginia communities that he visited. In 2018, fifty years after the death of Dr. King, we reflect on his vision of a Beloved Community in Virginia today and we ask, "Where do we go from here?"
With featured speakers and panelists:
- Delegate Lashrecse Aird, 63rd District
- Senator Rosalyn Dance, 16th District
- Lucious Edwards, Retired Virginia State University Historian and Consultant
- Juanita Epps, CEO of Pathways
- Dr. Joanne Lucas, Retired Educator and Consultant
- Dr. George W.C. Lyons, Jr., Gillfield Baptist Church
- Senator Jennifer McClellan, Chair of the Commission
- Mayor Samuel Parham, City of Petersburg
- Laneda Wright, Virginia State University Student