Catchin' Up On
Prince George County Government News
Prince George County, VA November 9, 2018
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Nov. 9-25 - "The Sound of Music", presented by the Fort Lee Players, will show at the Fort Lee Playhouse, 4300 Mahone Avenue, Ft. Lee, on Friday and Saturday nights at 8:00pm and Sunday at 3:00pm.
Sat., Nov. 10 - Basic DSLR Photo Class will be offered at the Prince George Parks & Rec Community Center, 11100 Old Stage Road, 9:00am - 12:00pm. $35/person. Contact 804-458-6164 for more information and registration.
Sun., Nov. 11 - Veteran's Day Observation In Prince George at the Regional Heritage Center Lawn, 6406 Courthouse Road, beginning at 2:00pm.
Mon., Nov. 12 - Veteran's Day (observed) - Prince George County Government Offices CLOSED.
Wed., Nov. 14 – Prince George Recreation Advisory Committee Meeting will be held at the P.G. Parks & Rec Community Center, 11100 Old Stage Road, at 12:00pm.
Wed., Nov. 14 – Prince George County Board of Supervisors Meeting in the 3rd Floor Board Room of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, beginning at 7:00pm.
Thurs., Nov. 15 - Riverside Regional Jail Authority Special Board Meeting will be held at the RRJA Office, 500 FOLAR Trail, N. Prince George, at 10:00am.
Thurs., Nov. 15 - Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Commerce Hall Student Residence at Richard Bland College, 400 Carson Drive, S. Prince George, at 12:30pm.
Thurs., Nov. 15 - ARWA and SCWWA Board of Directors' Meetings will be held at the Eastside Enhancement Center, 7301 Boydton Plank Road, Petersburg, VA 23803, beginning at 2:00pm.
Thurs., Nov. 15 - VDOT Fall Transportation Public Meeting will be held at Homewood Suites - Chester, 12810 Old Stage Road, Chester, at 4:00pm.
Thurs., Nov. 15 - 6th Annual Women's Night Out! at John Randolph Medical Center Cafeteria, 411 W. Randolph Road, Hopewell, from 6:00pm - 7:30pm. Pre-registration is encouraged.
Thurs., Nov. 15 – Prince George Planning Commission Meeting in the 3rd Floor Board Room of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, beginning at 6:30pm.
Thurs., Nov. 15 - Prince George Fire/EMS Advisory Committee Meeting will be held in at the EOC Building, 6520 Laurel Spring Road, Prince George, beginning at 7:00pm.
Nov. 15-17 - Government Employee Nights for "A 1940's Radio Christmas Carol" at Swift Creek Mill Theatre, 17401 Jefferson Davis Highway, South Chesterfield. Showtime 8:00pm.
Fri., Nov. 16 - Crater Youth Care Commission Meeting will be held at the Green House Facility, 6102 County Drive, Disputanta, at 9:30am.
Fri., Nov. 16 - Virginia's Gateway Region Quarterly Managers Meeting will be held at the Country Club of Petersburg, 1250 Flank Road, S. Prince George, at 12:00pm.
Fri., Nov. 16 - Petersburg Area Regional Tourism (PART) Board Meeting will be held at the PART Offices, 1964 Wakefield Avenue, Petersburg, VA 23805, 11:00am.
County Offices Closed Nov. 12 In Observance of Veteran's Day
Prince George County Government Offices will be closed Monday, November 12 in observance of Veteran's Day. A ceremony will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, November 11 on the Old Courthouse Lawn.
Important Things to Know
• Society of Women Engineers recognizes Prince George High School grad. Details.
• New hotel planned in Colonial Heights. Details.
• Ukrop's Homestyle Foods recalling mislabeled potatoes. Details.
• Pringles sells Thanksgiving-flavored chips for limited time. Details.
• Virginia's Gateway Region newsletter. Details.
• Dorey Park Lake in Henrico County now stocked with trout. Details.
• Board of Supervisors digest new data for cost of new elementary school. Details.
• Prince George High School Boys Basketball Preview. Details.
• General Election Voting Results. Details.
• Flying Squirrels adding $250,000 video board to the Diamond. Details.
• County Administrator Blogs. Details.
• Regional employment opportunities. Details.
• Prince George County takes strategic look at the future of the Central Wellness Center. Details.
• Ariel Stephenson to miss season at Wake Forest because of injury. Details.
• Prince George High School athletic schedule & results. Details.
• Prince George County 2018 Christmas Ornament recognizes last school year’s sports champions. Details.
• What's showing at the movies in Prince George County? Details.
• Latest Prince George County Gasoline Prices. Details.
• Jackie Bradley Jr. adds to postseason success by winning his first Gold Glove.
• Prince George Rotary Club spruces up New Scott Park November 3 by planting trees.
• Riverside Regional Jail Superintendent Jeff Newton to step down December 1.
• Prince George County unemployment rate decreases to 3.3 percent in August.
• Commissioner of the Revenue issues six new business licenses since October 26. Details.
Quote of the Week
"It doesn't matter how slow you go, as long as you don't stop."