Catchin' Up On
Prince George County Government News
Prince George County, VA November 2, 2018
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Fri., Nov. 2 - PGHS Royals Varsity Football takes on Thomas Dale HS at Thomas Dale HS, 3626 W. Hundred Road, Chester, with a 7:00pm kickoff.
Sat., Nov. 3 - Charles Town Races & Slots at the Hollywood Casino Bus Trip, sponsored by the Prince George Park and Rec Dept. Bus leaves Scott Park, 6380 Scott Memorial Park Road at 7:00am, returns 11:00pm.
Sat., Nov. 3 - Holiday Open House with giveaways, refreshments, drawings and more! at Absolutely Southern Designs, 5722 Courthouse Road, Prince George, from 9:00am - 4:00pm.
Sat., Nov. 3 - "Chicken-on-the-Grill" Dinner, sponsored by the Bethlehem Congregational Men's Fellowship, at Bethlehem Congregational Church, 10501 Pole Run Road, Disputanta, from 4:00pm - 6:00pm.
Sat., Nov. 3 - "Fried Fish and BBQ" Fundraiser Dinner, sponsored by Prince George Christian Church, 7605 Prince George Drive, 4:00pm - 7:00pm.
Sat., Nov. 3 - "Concert of Light: A Night With The Veterans", benefiting Wounded Service Members & Their Families, at The Beacon Theatre, 401 N. Main Street, Hopewell. Doors open at 6:30pm, show starts at 7:15pm.
Sun., Nov. 4 - Eastern Standard Time Begins at 2:00am – Statewide *Turn clocks BACK one hour* This is also a good time to change smoke alarm batteries.
Mon., Nov. 5 - 17th Drug Court Graduation Ceremony to be held at the Prince George Circuit Court, 6601 Courts Drive, beginning at 3:30pm.
Nov. 5-30 - "Santa Calls" Registration for Prince George County youth. Contact Prince George Parks & Recreation at 804-458-6164 or visit 11100 Old Stage Road, Mon-Fri, 8:30am – 5:00pm, for more information.
Tues., Nov. 6 - Election Day 2018 - all precincts will be open 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Contact the Prince George County Registrar at 804-722-8748 for more information.
Wed., Nov. 7 - Civilian Military Council Meeting and Luncheon, hosted by the City of Hopewell, will be held at The Beacon Theatre, 401 N. Main Street, Hopewell, at 11:30am.
Thurs., Nov. 8 - Media Day at Rock Island Creek at Upper Brandon (by invitation), meet the staff, tour the facilities, Upper Brandon Lodge, 1802 Upper Brandon, Spring Grove, VA, from 11:00am - 2:00pm.
Fri., Nov. 9 - 8th Annual Riverside Community Criminal Justice Board Recognition Breakfast will be held at The Beacon Theatre, 401 N. Main Street, Hopewell, beginning at 8:00am.
Daylight Standard Time Begins at
2 a.m. Sunday Morning
Don't forget to turn your clock back at 2 a.m. Sunday for Daylight Standard Time. It is also a good chance to check the batteries in your smoke alarms.
Important Things to Know
• Poplar Springs Hospital increases number of beds. Details.
• 15 most dangerous jobs in the United States. Details.
• Feds seeking input from localities on location of new train station. Details.
• Attorney General & DEQ files lawsuit against CFS pertaining to operation of Petersburg landfill. Details.
• Police investigating car crash on Mt. Sinai Road that killed a Chesterfield man. Details.
• Medicaid expansion enrollment began November 1. Details.
• Column: 'What a year it has been for Prince George ball.' Details.
• Rowanty Technical Center lists special dates. Details.
• General Election Voting Information. Details.
• Board of Supervisors considering adding another convenience station for trash disposal. Details.
• County Administrator Blogs. Details.
• Regional employment opportunities. Details.
• 'Drug Take Back Day' on October 27 generated 305 pounds of unused and/or expired prescription drugs.
• Prince George Police K-9 Chace seriously injures foot during training exercise.
• Prince George High School athletic schedule & results. Details.
• Prince George County 2018 Christmas Ornament recognizes last school year’s sports champions. Details.
• What's showing at the movies in Prince George County? Details.
• Latest Prince George County Gasoline Prices. Details.
• November Message from the County Administrator. Details.
Quote of the Week
"The scariest moment is always just before you start."
~ Stephen King
Percy C. Ashcraft, County Administrator | Prince George County, VA | (804) 722-8600
Fax (804) 732-3604 | email@example.com | www.princegeorgecountyva.gov