October 24, 2018
(Prince George, VA) –Halloween Safety Recommendations from Prince George County Police Department
The Prince George County Police Department encourages all Halloween trick-or-treaters to have a safe and enjoyable experience this year. Trick or treating in the County of Prince George will be held on Halloween night from 5PM to 9PM. With that in mind, we offer the following general safety tips:
- Wear light-colored clothing that’s short enough to prevent tripping and add reflective tape to the sides, front and back of the costume.
- Make sure children can see well through facemasks, or use cosmetics to create fun or scary faces.
- Adults should accompany young children.
- Go out in daylight and carry a flashlight after dark.
- Trick or Treat in your neighborhood or visit homes you know.
- Watch for traffic.
- Only give and accept wrapped or packaged candy.
- Examine all candy before allowing children to eat it.
- Keep costumed children away from pets. The pets may not recognize the child and become frightened.
- Avoid hard plastic or wood props such as daggers or swords. Substitute with foam rubber that is soft and flexible.
County leaders to include the Board of Supervisors, County Administrator, Mr. Percy Ashcraft, and the Police Department would like to wish all the witches and goblins a safe and enjoyable Halloween.