Catchin' Up On
Prince George County Government News
Prince George County, VA October 19, 2018
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Oct. 19-21 - 4-H Teen Weekend, sponsored by the Prince George 4-H/Extension Office, will be held at the Airfield 4-H Educational Center, 15189 Airfield Road, Wakefield, VA 23888.
Fri., Oct. 19 - PGHS Royals Varsity Football hosts Colonial Heights HS at the PGHS Football Stadium, 7800 Laurel Spring Road, Prince George, with a 7:00pm kickoff.
Sat., Oct. 20 - Prince George Farmers' Market continues at Scott Park Pavilion, 6380 Scott Memorial Park Road, Prince George, from 8:00am - 12:00pm.
Sat., Oct. 20 - "Open House" and Pet Adoption Event at the Prince George Animal Services & Adoption Center, located at 8391 County Drive, Disputanta, VA 23842, from 11:00am - 2:00pm.
Sat., Oct. 20 - Virginia Czech & Slovak Folklife Festival (rain/shine, traditional food, music, games) will be held at the Prince George Regional Heritage Center, 6406 Courthouse Road, from 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Sat., Oct. 20 - "37th Annual Seafood & BBQ Fest", hosted by the Prince George Ruritan Club, will be held at Scott Park Pavilion, 6380 Scott Memorial Park Road, Prince George, from 3:00pm - 6:00pm. Tickets are $35.
Sat., Oct. 20 - Annual Harvest Festival, sponsored by the Prince George Parks & Recreation Department, will be held at Temple Park, 14307 Prince George Drive, Disputanta, from 5:00pm - 8:00pm for County youth up to 13 years old.
Sat., Oct. 20 - Public Education Event with Prince George Fire/EMS, at Temple Park (during the Harvest Festival), from 5:00pm - 8:00pm.
Mon., Oct. 22 - Prince George County School Board Special Meeting in the 3rd Floor Board Room of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, beginning at 5:30pm.
Oct. 22-26 - Prince George County Employees' Co-Worker Week, with job shadowing opportunities, team-building events and a group picnic.
Mon., Oct. 22 – Prince George County Board of Zoning Appeals Meeting in the Kines Break Room, 2nd Floor of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, beginning at 6:30pm.
Tues., Oct. 23 – Prince George County Board of Supervisors Meeting in the 3rd Floor Board Room of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, at 7:00pm.
Wed., Oct. 24 - Prince George Business Roundtable Alumni Dinner will take place at the Country Club of Petersburg, 1250 Flank Road, S. Prince George, at 6:00pm.
Thurs., Oct. 25 - Cameron Foundation Annual Ceremony and Reception will be held at the Union Train Station, 103 River Street, Petersburg, from 4:00pm - 6:30pm.
Thurs., Oct. 25 - 2018 Best of the Best - The Tri-Cities Official People's Choice Awards, presented by The Progress-Index, will be held at The Beacon Theater, 401 N. Main Street, Hopewell, beginning at 6:30pm.
Thurs., Oct. 25 – Prince George Planning Commission Meeting in the 3rd Floor Board Room of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, at 6:30pm.
Fri. Oct. 26 - Ceramic Class - $25/participant, paint one large & one small pumpkins (must pre-register) at the Prince George Parks & Recreation Community Center, 11100 Old Stage Road, from 10:00am - 12:00pm.
Large Crowd Expected for Saturday's Czech-Slovak Festival
Another large crowd is expected for Saturday's Czech-Slovak Festival to be held from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. on the grounds of the Old Courthouse. The event will be held rain or shine.
Important Things to Know
• Prince George Electric Co-Op crews on the front line helping North Carolina areas restore power after Hurricane Michael. Details.
• Container First Services reports that 82 residents took advantage of free storm debris disposal last weekend.
• Prince George Senior Field Hockey standout Georgia Adair summarizes four amazing years. Details.
• Land use revalidation forms due November 1. Details.
• Medicaid expansion enrollment begins November 1. Details.
• How JBJ unlocked his swing en route to being named the MVP of the American League Championship Series. Details.
• Benjamin Harrison Bridge Full Closure & Detour Schedule. Details.
• Prince George Police sponsoring 'No Shave November.' Details.
• County Administrator Blogs. Details.
• Regional employment opportunities. Details.
• Virginia budget officials are searching for ways to ease a cash crunch at the Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing (CCAM).
• Prince George County again nominated in the category of ‘Best Places to Live’ in the Tri-Cities area.
• Prince George High School athletic schedule & results. Details.
• DEQ awards Prince George County $9,321 Litter & Prevention Grant. Blog.
• Prince George County 2018 Christmas Ornament recognizes last school year’s sports champions. Details.
• Fire & EMS Community mourns the death of longtime Burrowsville Volunteer Fire Chief Jimmy Clark. Details.
• What's showing at the movies in Prince George County? Details.
• Latest Prince George County Gasoline Prices. Details.
• The Appomattox River Water Authority approves financial study and recommendations for future governance.
Quote of the Week
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
~ J. Krishnamurti
Percy C. Ashcraft, County Administrator | Prince George County, VA | (804) 722-8600
Fax (804) 732-3604 | email@example.com | www.princegeorgecountyva.gov