Catchin' Up On
Prince George County Government News
Prince George County, VA October 12, 2018
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Sat., Oct. 13 - Prince George Farmers' Market continues at Scott Park Pavilion, 6380 Scott Memorial Park Road, Prince George, from 8:00am - 12:00pm.
Sat., Oct. 13 - Shred Event (FREE!) & Food Drive at Ft. Lee Federal Credit Union, 4495 Crossings Boulevard, Prince George, from 9:00am - 12:00pm.
Sat., Oct. 13 - RESCHEDULED: PGHS Royals Varsity Football vs. Hopewell HS at the Hopewell HS Merner Field, N. 12th Avenue, Hopewell. 1:00pm kickoff.
Sat., Oct. 13 - Harbor Blast Rocktober Blast featuring "Laynes Chains", "Tripl3 Tr3at" and "Mother Theresa's Mafia" at the Appomattox Boat Harbor, 1604 Fine Street, Prince George. Gates open at 4:00pm.
Sat., Oct. 13 - 22nd Annual Oktoberfest! presented by the U.S. Army-Fort Lee ($7 / $9) at The Lee Club, Bldg. 9009, Battle Drive Fort Lee, Virginia 23801. 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
Oct. 14-17 - VDOT Planned Bridge Lane Closures - Flag-Directed Traffic, delays expected at the Benjamin Harrison Bridge, Jordan Point Road (Rte. 156), overnight beginning at 8:00pm each evening thru 6:00am the next morning.
Mon., Oct. 15 - "Remembering Our Babies", A candlelight vigil at Southside Regional Medical Center, 200 Medical Park Blvd., Petersburg, at 7:00pm.
Wed., Oct. 17 - Prince George County IDA Board will meet in the Community Room of the Human Services Building, 6450 Administration Drive, at 12:00pm.
Thurs., Oct. 18 - Shake Out - "The World's Largest Earthquake Drill" will be held regionally at 10:18am.
Thurs., Oct. 18 - ARWA and SCWWA Board of Directors' Meeting (rescheduled from Sept. 13th) at the SCWWA Office, 900 Magazine Road, Petersburg, beginning at 2:00pm.
Thurs., Oct. 18 - 2018 Scholarship & Awards Reception with Awards of Distinction Presentation at Richard Bland College, in the SSHE Auditorium, 11301 Johnson Road, at 5:00pm.
Thurs., Oct. 18 - James River Soil & Water Conservation District Board of Directors will meet in the Community Room of the Human Services Building, 6450 Administration Drive, at 6:00pm.
Thurs., Oct. 18 - Prince George Fire/EMS Advisory Board Work Session will be held in the 3rd Floor Board Room of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, at 7:00pm.
Captain Jesse A. Ozbat Memorial Circle Now Honors Fallen Prince George Soldier
The roundabout outside of the 'A' gate at Fort Lee was officially named the Captain Jesse A. Ozbat Memorial Circle in a ceremony October 11 honoring the fallen Prince George County soldier.
Important Things to Know
• Possible lane closures for Benjamin Harrison Bridge. Details.
• Storm debris can be dropped off at the Prince George Convenience Center free of charge this weekend. Details.
• Power and Shower Station to be open this weekend. Details.
• Land use revalidation forms due November 1. Details.
• Elderly female on Union Branch Road dies from storm-related injuries October 11.
• VDOT Crews Working to Clear Roads. Details
• Adopted strategic plan for Economic Development & Tourism looks to provide diversity throughout all parts of Prince George County. Details.
• October 9 BOS meeting recap. Details.
• County Administrator Blogs. Details.
• Regional employment opportunities. Details.
• Hand sanitizer more useful than washing hands for children, study says. Details.
• Congressman McEachin dealing with non-life threatening health issues. Details.
• Prince George High School athletic schedule & results. Details.
• Commissioner of the Revenue issues 16 new business licenses since September 27. Details.
• Richard Bland College newsletter. Details.
• Dominion Hopewell Power Station Pubic Notice. Details.
• What's showing at the movies in Prince George County? Details.
• Latest Prince George County Gasoline Prices. Details.
• Governor Northam visited the Rolls-Royce Plant at Crosspointe on October 9.
Quote of the Week
"Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body."
Percy C. Ashcraft, County Administrator | Prince George County, VA | (804) 722-8600
Fax (804) 732-3604 | email@example.com | www.princegeorgecountyva.gov