Catchin' Up On
Prince George County Government News
Prince George County, VA September 21, 2018
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Fri., Sept. 21 - A Celebration of Life Service for Leigh Primmer, former County Finance Dept. Procurement Officer, will be held at the Central Wellness Center, 11023 Prince George Drive, Disputanta, at 5:00pm.
Fri., Sept. 21 - PGHS Royals Varsity Football Team will take on Dinwiddie HS at Dinwiddie HS Athletic Field, 11608 Courthouse Road, Dinwiddie, VA 23841. 7:00pm kickoff.
Sat., Sept. 22 - Prince George Farmers' Market continues at Scott Park Pavilion, 6380 Scott Memorial Park Road, Prince George, from 8:00am - 12:00pm.
Sat., Sept. 22 - Carson VFD and Rives Ruritan Annual Steakfeast will be held at Rives Ruritan Club, 16015 South Crater Road, South Prince George, from 4:00pm - 7:00pm.
Sat., Sept. 22 - Harbor Blast w/"The K.O.D.E." and "Dividing Face" at the Appomattox Boat Harbor, 1604 Fine Street, Prince George. Gates open at 4:00pm. Tickets are $10 + FREE parking.
Mon., Sept. 24 - Prince George TRIAD "End of the Summer" Picnic and Meeting will be held at Scott Park Pavilion, 6380 Scott Memorial Park Road, Prince George, from 12:00pm - 2:30pm.
Mon., Sept. 24 - Prince George County School Board Special Meeting will be held in the 3rd Floor Board Room of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, at 5:30pm.
Tues., Sept. 25 – Prince George Board of Supervisors Meeting in the 3rd Floor Board Room of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, beginning 7:00pm.
Sept. 25 - 27 - VDOT will perform planned bridge maintenance on the Benjamin Harrison Bridge, Jordan Point Road (Rte. 156), overnight from 8:00pm to 6:00am. Expect lanes closures during these times each evening.
Wed., Sept. 26 - Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) Committee will meet in the Kines Employee Break Room, 2nd Floor of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, from 6:00pm - 9:00pm.
Thurs., Sept. 27 - Riverside Regional Jail Finance Committee and Authority Board will each meet at the RRJ Office, 500 FOLAR Trail, at 12:00pm and 2:00pm respectively.
Thurs., Sept. 27 – Prince George Planning Commission will meet in the 3rd Floor Board Room of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, at 6:30pm.
Prince George County Holds 'Mammogram Party' at SRMH
Prince George County held a 'Mammogram Party' at Southside Regional Memorial Hospital on September 18 as part of its Wellness initiative to support employees and their health and well-being.
Important Things to Know
• Hopewell-Prince George United Way facing fund-raising challenges. Details.
• Land use revalidation forms due November 1. Details.
• Thousands of pounds of ground beef recalled. Details.
• Mercy rules could be added to high school playoff games. Details.
• Benjamin Harrison Bridge Lane Closure Dates Announced. Details.
• County Administrator Blogs. Details.
• Regional employment opportunities. Details.
• Poll says Virginians support Medicaid expansion. Details.
• Updates to Virginia Fire & Building codes. Details.
• McDonald's changes its Apple Pie. Details.
• Prince George High School athletic schedule & results. Details.
• Latest General Assembly Redistricting proposal. Details.
• Fogg rolls in as Fort Lee's new commander. Details.
• Public input still sought on Economic Development & Tourism Strategic Plan. Details.
• VDOT to make improvements on Route 460 & I-295 the next two weeks.
• Crater Youth Care Commission gets clean audit report at this morning’s meeting.
• What's showing at the movies in Prince George County? Details.
• Latest Prince George County Gasoline Prices. Details.
Quote of the Week
"Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude."
Percy C. Ashcraft, County Administrator | Prince George County, VA | (804) 722-8600
Fax (804) 732-3604 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.princegeorgecountyva.gov