Catchin' Up On
Prince George County Government News
Prince George County, VA June 8, 2018
Upcoming Meetings & Events
* Registration continues (until filled) for Prince George 4-H Camp (Camp dates: July 2-6), at the Prince George Extension Office, 6380 Scott Memorial Park Road, Prince George, Mon-Fri, 8:30am - 5:00pm, or call 804-733-2686 for more information.
Fri., June 8 - Youth Public Safety Academy Orientation (hosted by the Prince George Police Department), will be held at the Emergency Operations Center (EOC), 6520 Laurel Spring Road, from 6:30pm - 7:30 pm.
Fri., June 8 - "Movie In The Park" (FREE) featuring Wonder, sponsored by the Prince George Parks and Recreation Department, at Scott Memorial Park, 6380 Scott Memorial Park Road, Prince George, at 8:30pm. Bring a lawn chair or a blanket and come enjoy a movie in the park. NO outside coolers, food or drinks allowed!
Sat., June 9 - Prince George Farmers' Market at Scott Park Pavilion, 6380 Scott Memorial Park Road, Prince George, from 8:00am - 12:00pm.
Sat., June 9 - LAST DAY For In-Person Absentee Voting in Prince George County. Special Saturday hours at the Registrar’s Office, 6602 Courts Drive, 2nd Floor, Administration Building, 9:00am - 5:00pm.
June 9-10 - Gold Territory Qualifier Softball Tournament (16U/18U), hosted on Prince George County Ball Fields. Game times vary throughout the tournament.
Sat., June 9 - "Pickleball" Open House - Learn to Play, hosted by the Prince George Parks and Recreation Department, at the Central Wellness Center, 11033 Prince George Drive, Disputanta, 10:00am - 12:00pm.
Sat., June 9 - Harbor Blast with "Wild Sound Unlimited", at the Appomattox Boat Harbor, 1604 Fine Street, Prince George. Gates open at 2:00pm. Tickets are $10 + FREE parking.
Sun., June 10 - Prince George High School Class of 2018 Convocation will be held in the PGHS Gym, 7801 Laurel Spring Road, beginning at 3:00pm.
Mon., June 11 - Prince George Social Services Advisory Board will meet at the Social Services Office, 2nd Floor, 6450 Administration Drive, at 9:00am.
Mon, June 11 - "Ribbon Cutting and Grand Opening" of Luca Italian Restaurant (a Hopewell/Prince George Chamber Event), at the new location: 6411 Courthouse Road, Prince George, at 9:00am.
Mon., June 11 - Prince George County School Board will meet at JEJ Moore Middle School, 11455 Prince George Drive, beginning at 6:30pm.
Tues., June 12 - Republican Primary Election, Prince George County voting sites open 6:00am - 7:00pm
Tues., June 12 - "Change of Command" Ceremony (BG Fogg relinquish to BG McBride) at Sergeant Seay Field, 2221 Adams Avenue, Fort Lee, VA, beginning at 8:00am.
Tues., June 12 – Prince George County Board of Supervisors Meeting in the 3rd Floor Board Room of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, at 7:00pm.
Wed., June 13 - Prince George County Farmers' Market *Special Wednesday Market*, on the Central Wellness Center Lawn, 11033 Prince George Drive, Disputanta, 4:30pm - 6:30pm.
Thurs., June 14 - ARWA and SCWWA Board of Directors' Meetings at ARWA Office, 21300 Chesdin Road, South Chesterfield, at 2:00pm.
Fri., June 15 - "Elder Abuse: What You Should Know/Can Do" is a free workshop to be held at the Petersburg Health Dept., 301 Halifax Street, Petersburg, from 9:00am - 11:00am.
Prince George High School Baseball, Softball Teams Play for State Titles
Prince George High School will be showcased in the Class 5 State Baseball & Softball Tournaments Saturday when the two teams go for the first PGHS state team championships since 1961. Details.
Important Things to Know
• Justice Family behind on payment of Real Estate Taxes on historic properties. Details.
• Voting precinct at Clements Junior High School will be moved to Prince George Christian Church for June 12 Republican Primary Election. Details.
• Organizers getting ready for 4-H Camp later this summer. Details.
• Arrest made in string of larcenies at Lowe's. Details.
• Railroad crossing work continues to close Rives Road.
• State pauses mandate for body-worn cameras. Details.
• Virginia 2018 Primary Election Guide. Details.
• Dad shares thoughts on son's name being added to Prince George War Memorial. Details.
• County Administrator Blogs. Details.
• Luca Italian Restaurant opens at new location on June 4 with large crowds.
• Prince George High School’s Javonte Harding wins State Track Meet in 200m.
• Prince George High School volleyball standout Maryia Kienzler to continue career at Richard Bland College this fall.
• Prince George High School baseball standout Jacob Farrar announces plans to attend Virginia Military Institute.
• Commissioner of the Revenue’s Office has issued 15 new business licenses since May 25.
• Regional employment opportunities. Details.
Quote of the Week
"Whatever the dangers of the action we take, the dangers of inaction are far, far greater."
~Anthony Charles Lynton Blair
Percy C. Ashcraft, County Administrator | Prince George County, VA | (804) 722-8600Fax (804) 732-3604 | email@example.com | www.princegeorgecountyva.gov