The Board of Supervisors at its August 8 meeting voted to add two dispatcher positions to the FY 2018 Budget
By a 3-2 vote with Chairman Bill Robertson & Supervisor T.J. Webb dissenting, the BOS voted to increase the number of communication officers to 14. The action will have an annual cost of $104,706.
In addition, the BOS approved adding the positions to the Position Control Chart by a 4-1 vote, with Chairman Robertson dissenting.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its worksession and meeting:
• Received a report from the Core Committee on Education Facility Planning which recommended the construction of two new elementary schools and renovations to the high school.
• Received a report from the Friends of the Lower Appomattox River (FOLAR) on the Regional Walking Trail Master Plan.
• Presented a Commendation to Brenda Morris upon her retirement from the Circuit Court Clerk’s Office.
• Received the monthly report from VDOT.
• Received a report on the upcoming Back to School Fair on August 24.
• Approved on the Consensus Agenda an appropriation of $40,000 from the sale of the River’s Edge Lagoon Property.
• Approved on the Consensus Agenda a Budget transfer of $33,475 for Phase I of the HVAC upgrades at the Human Services Building.
• Approved on the Consensus Agenda a Budget transfer of $50,000 from a School Resource Officer grant.
• Approved on the Consensus Agenda an Appropriation of $5,157.32 from insurance proceeds to repair frozen pipe damage at the Central Wellness Center.
• Approved on the Consensus Agenda adoption of the Richmond-Crater Multi-Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan.
• Unanimously approved a resolution awarding a contract for A&E services to Wiley-Wilson for $17,500 for design of the Fire & EMS Burn Building.
• Unanimously approved authorization to advertise a public hearing for an ordinance amendment exempting certain former County volunteers from the Vehicle License Fee.
• Approved a resolution by a 4-1 vote, with Supervisor Webb dissenting, to advertise a public hearing to consider adoption of an ordinance authorizing the BOS to provide employee bonuses.
• Tabled consideration of an appointment to the Social Services Advisory Board.
• Unanimously approved the reappointment of Supervisor Alan Carmichael, Andy Petik, Larry Barnett and Don Vtipil to the Capital Improvements Committee.
• Unanimously approved a resolution awarding a contract and Budget appropriation of $112,995 for electronic voting equipment.
• Held a public hearing and unanimously approved increasing penalties for certain violations to the False Alarm ordinance.