Welcome to Prince George County's Jobs Announcements.
County of Prince George, Virginia
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
P.O. Box 68
6602 Courts Drive, Administration Building
Prince George, VA 23875
To view a list of current job opportunities with the County, please click here.
**Beginning January 1, 2017, NEOGOV will no longer allow access to their products using Internet Explorer browsers that are below version 11. Internet Explorer 11 provides improved security over earlier versions. Older versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported and patched by Microsoft. Beginning January 1, 2017, users attempting to access NEOGOV products or career seeker sites with an older version of Internet Explorer will receive a message notifying them that they will need to update their browser to be able to access the site.**
Job Application Guidelines
- Applications will only be accepted for jobs which are currently open. Online applications are preferred.
- Complete the entire application. If any questions do not apply, please indicate using N/A. Keep in mind that this application is your opportunity to present yourself and your qualifications to us. If you do not fully complete your application, we will not have all the information we need to properly evaluate your qualifications.
- A newly-appointed regular employee is required to complete a probationary period of one year during which time he/she may be separated from employment without appeal.
- The County of Prince George's employment practices are guided by federal, state, and local regulations guaranteeing employment opportunities to all persons without regard to and prohibiting discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, religion, political affiliation or beliefs, national origin or handicap, unless a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Please contact Human Resources at (804) 722-8669 for further information.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: All new regular employees hired by the County of Prince George will be required to undergo a comprehensive pre-employment medical exam and a criminal record investigation, to include fingerprinting, which is conducted by the Virginia State Police and/or Federal Bureau of Investigation.
To apply using paper application:
If applying using a paper application, be sure to list the title of the job for which you are applying. If you are applying for more than one job using a paper application, you must submit a separate application for each position. Photocopies will be accepted as long as there is an original signature on the copied application.
Please mail or bring your application(s) to Human Resources at the address listed above. FAXED or E-MAILED applications will not be accepted. The Department of Human Resources is not responsible for applications submitted to other departments. Your application must be received, not postmarked, by Human Resources no later than the closing date listed on the job announcement, otherwise you will not be considered for the position. The deadline for online application submission is the same as that for paper applications.