FULL-TIME REGULAR EMPLOYEES: All full-time regular employees of Constitutional Officers, the Department of Social Services and the general County government are covered by a full range of benefits offered by the County of Prince George.
The County provides the following at no cost to the employee:
- Basic group life insurance through the Virginia Retirement System, underwritten by Minnesota Life Insurance Company
- Paid standard holidays
- Annual Leave, Sick Leave, Civil Leave and Bereavement Leave; or, in lieu of Annual Leave and Sick Leave, Paid Time Off in accordance with guidelines established by the Paid Tim Off Plan.
The County offers the following with costs shared by the County and the employee:
- Health insurance products provided through CIGNA to include Open Access Plus In-Network Plan 15, Open Access Plus Out of Network Plan, and Open Access Plus In-Network Plan 30.
- Enrollment in the Virginia Retirement System. The plan provides retirement benefits in one of three plans: Plan 1, Plan 2 or the Hybrid Plan. Plan 1 includes employees hired prior to July 1, 2010, or hired after July 1, 2010 with prior VRS service credit and vested by January 1, 2013. Plan 2 employees are those hired on or after July 1, 2010, rehired with no prior service credit in VRS, or hired before July 1, 2010 and not vested by January 1, 2013. Hybrid Plan employees are those hired after January 1, 2014 with the exception of Public Safety employees eligible for hazardous duty benefits.
The County offers other optional benefits that are fully paid by the employee:
- Optional Life Insurance for the employee, the employee's spouse and/or employee's dependent children through the Virginia Retirement System, underwritten by Minnesota Life Insurance Company
- Voluntary dental insurance (Delta Dental)
- Two deferred compensation plans (VALIC and Nationwide Retirement Solutions)
- AFLAC Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
Additional benefits include:
- Tuition reimbursement, not to exceed $2,000 per employee each fiscal year
- Employee Recognition Program
- Sick Leave Bank
- Military Leave in accordance with the Code of Virginia and United States Code
- Credit Unions (Vantage Point Credit Union and Virginia Credit Union)
- Direct Deposit
PART-TIME REGULAR EMPLOYEES: Part-time regular employees, who work a minimum of twenty hours per week in a continuous year-round position, are eligible to receive one half of the County's contribution for health insurance premiums, provided the employee is responsible for the remainder of the premium. Leave is accrued at a rate of one-half that accrued by full-time regular employees.