6601 Courts Drive
Prince George, Virginia 23875
P.O. Box 366
Prince George, VA 23875
Phone: (804) 733-2690
Fax: (804) 733-2629
E-Mail Sheriff's Office
Mission Statement: The mission of Prince George County Sheriff's Office starts with our department's commitment to excellence by example. This pledge demands that our men and women embrace integrity at all times. We seek to employ and maintain only dedicated and caring personnel that will set a high standard of "excellence by example". We also have a standard of commitment in partnership with the community to protect life and property that is second to none. Our daily goal is to perform the duties of the Sheriff's Office of Prince George County to the full extent of our abilities while listening and responding to the public's concerns. We honor our allegiance to the Community, State, and Nation to uphold the constitution while seeking to ensure every citizen be treated with dignity, fairness, and respect regardless of circumstance.
The Prince George County Sheriff's Office is small but provides several services to the people of Prince George, VA, such as:
• Courthouse Security
• Service of Civil And Criminal Papers
• Project Lifesaver
• Home Incarceration
• Selective Enforcement
• Directs Project ChildSafe
• Promotes Gun Safety with Eddie Eagle Program
• Provides Security for community activities
• National Night Out
• Career Day at local schools
Sheriff H. E. (Bucky) Allin was elected on July 21, 2004. As Sheriff he has appointed Mark Payne to be his Chief Deputy.
Sheriff Allin has assigned his Deputies with several duties:
- Lieutenant R. (Buck) Vargo - Manages daily operations, civil process and extraditions
- Sergent K. King - Training officer, court dockets, arrange inmate transportation, and firearms instructor.
- Deputy E. ( Snoop ) Betts - Project Lifesaver, Home Incarceration, courtroom securty, and civil process.
- Deputy B. Rouse - Courtroom security, civil process and inmate transportation
- Deputy K. Stith - Courtroom security, civil process and inmate transportation
- Deputy J. Curry - Courtroom security, civil process, and inmate transportation
- Deputy R. Vaughan - Courtroom security, civil process, and inmate transport
- Deputy C. Gatewood - Security desk and lock-up